At the Greater Miami and the Beaches Hotel Association, we believe that when we act collectively, we're most effective in mobilizing our combined resources to promote our members' interest and effect change. Our goal is to improve the overall quality of the "Miami Experience" for all. We educate our members to understand and work with their governmental leaders as a group. Our educational institutions provide us with qualified hospitality interns and graduates. Through a concerted approach, we enhance our member's abilities to optimize their customer's experience, and as a result, we improve the overall quality of our destination - Greater Miami and the Beaches!
The Greater Miami and the Beaches Hotel Association's mission statement is to promote the interest of our members through advocacy, education, and partnerships to advance Miami as the visitor's destination of choice.
We host over 45 events a year for our members such as breakfasts, evening networkers, receptions, educational workshops, panel discussions, seminars and luncheons featuring prominent industry leaders. We work with hospitality industry and community organizations to strengthen our role in Miami-Dade County.
GMBHA host over 45 events a year for our members such as breakfast, evening networkers, receptions, educational workshops, panel discussions, seminars and luncheons featuring prominent industry leaders. We work with hospitality industry and community organizations to strengthen our role in Miami-Dade County
- Annual Inn Key Awards luncheon (awards recognition honoring hourly hotel employees)
- Annual Hospitality Leadership Awards Reception (awards recognition honoring hotel managers)
- "Celebrating our Hotels" presentation and reception
- Annual Meeting with Keynote Speaker
- Evening networkers
- Member only breakfasts
- Panel discussions on key topics
- Educational workshops
- and more
GMBHA Sustainable Hospitality Council was created to advance the awareness and adoption of sustainable practices by providing guidance, expertise, and resources to GMBHA Members. The Council also works to increase visibility of members' sustainability practices in domestic and international markets to promote the Miami hospitality industry's image.
- Promotes TripAdvisor's Green Leaders Program
- Promotes Florida Green Lodging Certification Program
GMBHA Sustainable Awards Luncheon
- Water Conservation
- Energy Efficiency & Conservation
- Communication & Education
- Overall Best Sustainable Practices in Hospitality
GMBHA's partnership with National Immigration Forum to advocate for National American Workforce to our industry
- New American Workforce facilitates citizenship through a two-step process that is offered on the work site and accommodates employee work schedules
- National Immigration Forum works with businesses to assist their eligible immigrant employees with the citizenship process so they become full participants in the workforce, community, and economy
Benefits to Business:
- No cost to employer
- Builds employee retention and recruitment
- Celebrates diversity in the workforce
- Expands benefit-package without expense to employer
Benefits to Employees:
- Allows increased family stability
- Deeply discounted legal assistance
- Strengthens relationship with employer
- Expands civic engagement opportunities
Ready to find out more?
Learn more about what membership has to offer.