Hospitality Relief Efforts
MIAMI PANDEMIC RESPONSE FUND
To support this rapidly escalating need, United Way of Miami-Dade and the Miami Herald/el Nuevo Herald have launched the Miami Pandemic Response Fund. The fund will support struggling families with emergency needs including rent/mortgage assistance, food, medication and utilities as well as issue micro-grants to small businesses.
In this time of need, the community is urged to join this initiative and support each other by donating to the fund through Operation Helping Hands. The funds will aid families and small businesses through a network of nonprofit partners responding to the unprecedented economic impacts of COVID-19 pandemic.
Health Foundation of South Florida, The Miami Foundation, Greater Miami Convention and Visitors Bureau, The Frederick A. DeLuca Foundation, BJ’s Charitable Foundation, and Wells Fargo have joined United Way in providing seed funding of over $600,000 to address the short-term impacts on vulnerable families and small businesses as well as build long-term economic resilience in Miami-Dade. Funds will be released on a rolling basis as fundraising continues throughout the pandemic outbreak and recovery phases of the crisis.
Helping Miami Families and Small Businesses
Together, we help our community weather any kind of storm, from hurricanes to viruses, we stand for a #StrongerMiami. Once again, Operation Helping Hands is providing the people of South Florida a way to extend a helping hand to their neighbors in need.
To make a donation you can:
- Visit https://unitedwaymiami.org/ohh_covid19
- Call 1-800-226-3320
- Give via Venmo @UnitedWayMiami
- Give via Paypal at https://www.paypal.com/fundraiser/charity/2169193
For more information, contact email@example.com
Click here for more information
The Food Network & Cooking Channel South Beach Wine & Food Festival presented by Capital One (SOBEWFF®) has launched the SOBEWFF® & FIU Chaplin School Hospitality Industry Relief Fund to provide immediate financial support to independently owned and operated restaurants and bars impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic in Miami-Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach counties.
F+B Hospitality Needs Your Support!
F+B Hospitality has teamed up with the community to support those from the South Florida restaurant industry who have been inpacted by the Covid-19 closures by creating the Miami Restaurant Employee Relief Fund.
Together, and with the insights of notable Miami-are chefs led by Brad Kilgore of Kilgore Culinary and joined by Michael Schwartz of Michael's Genuine, Michelle Bernstein of Michy's and La Trova and Zak H Stern of Zak the Baker they will be raising awareness and fund to provide grants to full-time restaurant workers in Miami-Dade county who are dependent on wages to cover basic living expense and provide for their families.
How it Works...
The goal is to provide $250 grants to as many qualifying grantees as possible with 100% donations going directly to those affected.
F+B Hospitality is asking for those who are able, to consider making a donation to support the thousands of individuals and families that need financial help during this time. Any amount helps.
Due to the Coronavirus pandemic and its dramatic impact on the hospitality industry, the Greater Miami Convention & Visitors Bureau (GMCVB) has launched MIAMI EATS - a new program to help our restaurants and their employees during this crisis.
Now more than ever they need our support so we are asking all Greater Miami residents to please consider ordering out when possible. In turn, many of these restaurants are offering special deals. While there are many great food delivery services available, we are also encouraging everyone to please call the restaurants directly. Check back often for updates.
- If you are a resident and are aware of any restaurant that is not in our current list, please email MiamiEats@GMCVB.com so we can update our records
- If you are a restaurant and would like to participate, please click here. (This program is free for all restaurants in Miami-Dade County regardless of location or price point)
- Download the Miami Eats Toolkit with PDF Asset Guide, Logos and other Digital Assets.
- Read the Miami Eats press release.
- Restaurant Employee Relief Fund
For more information please visit https://www.miamiandbeaches.com/miamieats
Walmart and the Walmart Foundation Commit $25 Million to Global COVID-19 Response Effort
To help meet the critical needs resulting from the global COVID-19 pandemic, Walmart and the Walmart Foundation have committed $25 million to support organizations on the front lines responding to the outbreak.
Click here to read more
In an effort to support communities across the country during this unprecedented public health crisis, AHLA announced a new initiative - Hotels for Hope - to connect hotel properties with the health community, struggling to find housing and support as the COVID-19 public health crises grows.
Click here for more information
- United States Bartenders' Guild (USBG): Has a relief campaign for effected bartenders.
- Restaurant Worker Relief Fund: Raising awareness and funds to provide grants to restaurant workers in Miami-Dade County.
- No Kid Hungry: Offering emergency grants to support local school districts and nonprofit organizations in their efforts to ensure kids get the nutritious food they need.
- One Fair Wage Emergency Fund: Supporting tipped workers and other service workers and delivery drivers.
- Restaurant Workers Community Foundation: has established a COVID19 Crisis Relief Fund to be distributed as follow: 50% for immediate, direct crisis relief assistance to individual restaurant workers; 25% for nonprofit organizations serving restaurant workers in crisis; and 25% for zero-interest loans for restaurants to get back up and running.
- Feeding South Florida’s COVID-19 Response Fund: Will “provide food and services to all who need it.”
- Americans for the Arts: Includes list of relief funds and financial assistance for artists and arts organizations.
- Camillus House - Camillus House is looking for all types of perishables, produce, canned food, prepared food (meats, poultry, etc) and has the ability to cook on side. They can pick up from your hotel. To schedule a pick up, please contact Hilda Fernandez at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lotus House - Lotus House is acting non perishable items and only frozen poultry and meat (no pork). Please drop off at the shelter. Contact Beatrice Gonzalez to schedule delivery, email@example.com
- Chapman Partnership - Chapman Partnership is accepting donations but is mostly in need of meats. To schedule a pick up, please contact Wendy Viciana at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Adopt-A-Box Redland Ahead/Taste of Redland Program
For more information about the Adopt-a-Box program, which was created to support local farms by purchasing their fruits & vegetables and then donating boxes of produce to families need, please click here or on Facebook. If you would like to donate to Adopt-a-Box please visit their GoFundMe page. If your organization wishes to purchase a large amount of boxes to give away to your own groups, please email@example.com for details.
Corporate Executive Chef Dewey LoSasso, Bill Hansen Catering
For more information on Chef Dewey’s meals please see click here to view the sample menus and the general specifications. There is a minimum of 75 people for this menu. Any questions please reach out to Chef Dewey at 305-610-7477 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more info