City of Miami Beach Adds Additional Measures to their
State of Emergency Declaration
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
March 18, 2020
City of Miami Beach Adds Additional Measures to their State of Emergency Declaration
–In an effort to slow the spread of the coronavirus–
Miami Beach, FL – As the nation continues to experience rising numbers of COVID-19 cases, the City of Miami Beach has added the following summary of changes to their Emergency Order:
- Extend the Emergency Order until March 26, 2020, at 11:59 p.m.
- Clarify that city Parks and Recreation pool facilities, in addition to Park buildings and indoor facilities, are CLOSED. All city parks otherwise remain open for outdoor uses only.
- Prohibit gatherings of ten persons or more within the city’s beachwalks (in addition to the existing prohibition on such gatherings on city’s beaches).
- Require the closure of all massage therapy centers and spas (including massage therapy centers or spas operating within hotels). In addition, no establishment shall provide massage therapy services, except hospitals or medical service providers.
- Clarify the closure of gymnasiums and fitness centers, consistent with Miami-Dade County Emergency Order 03-20.
Click here to read the revised Declaration of Emergency Measures effective March 19, 2020. Any violation of the aforementioned emergency measures would subject the individual or business entity to criminal penalties.
For additional information on the city’s efforts, including all emergency measures being enforced, please visit www.MiamiBeachFl.gov/coronavirus.